This is a collection of cakes I have made over the years. I have progressed over time, I hope, and am getting braver in my undertakings. As you can tell, I have done a variety of cakes the last 10 years, and I am up for just about anything. So if you need a cake for any occasion, please let me know.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tinkerbell Cake #2

I made this cake for Olivia's 6th birthday (obviously!). ;0) She wanted Tinkerbell, again. Since I had just learned to make drop flowers (from the wedding cake), I wanted to use them again. So I came up with this design. The bottom layer is a 12" round, ant the top a 6" round I offset to make room for Tinkerbell. After icing both layers, I sprayed them lightly with green spray color, then piped the edges in purple & added the flowers (which I had made about a week in advance). The big 6 was kind of an afterthought. I made it out of gumpaste, then sprayed it purple & attached it to the cake with toothpicks at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment