This is a collection of cakes I have made over the years. I have progressed over time, I hope, and am getting braver in my undertakings. As you can tell, I have done a variety of cakes the last 10 years, and I am up for just about anything. So if you need a cake for any occasion, please let me know.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Barbie princess cake


The inspiration for this cake came from the invitation - the dress, actually. I made a 2-layer 12 inch round in light pink. Then I added the flowers (made several days ahead), whose colors came from the dress. I had originally planned to put a 6 on top- like I did with Olivia's cake - but then decided to use the image from the invitation. So I just glued her to the 6 I had already made - and it fit perfectly! The final touch was the piping on top, inspired by the jewels on her dress. I made the "jewels" out of fondant, then piped the embellishment with "gold" icing. Its a very girly cake. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment