This is a collection of cakes I have made over the years. I have progressed over time, I hope, and am getting braver in my undertakings. As you can tell, I have done a variety of cakes the last 10 years, and I am up for just about anything. So if you need a cake for any occasion, please let me know.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tea Party cake

This cake was for my friend's daughter, for her 1st birthday. She had found plates with this theme, and asked me to do a 3D teapot & a teacup for her own personal cake to demolish. I couldn't do just one cup, though. It messed up the symmetry. The cake was baked in 2 halves, in a pyrex bowl. Once they were cooked, cooled, and chilled, I leveled the 2 halves & stacked them with frosting in between. I had to add 1/2 a cupcake to the top, to make it less round, then filled in the space with icing. The cups were made out of stacking the bottom-halves of 2 cupcakes. The handles, saucers, & spout were all molded out of gum paste & sprayed pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment