This is a collection of cakes I have made over the years. I have progressed over time, I hope, and am getting braver in my undertakings. As you can tell, I have done a variety of cakes the last 10 years, and I am up for just about anything. So if you need a cake for any occasion, please let me know.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Braves Baseball Cake


This was my first baseball cake. The boy I made it for is a big Atlanta Braves fan, and wanted Turner Field. His mom reminded him that I'm not "Cake Boss", but that I could do something. So I did a basic baseball field (made from a 12"round & 9" square). I was afraid it would not be enough cake, and I had left over batter, so I made the hat in a pyrex bowl. I iced the field in brown, then piped over it with the green. The hat I iced & then covered with fondant. The baseball bat & ball were kind of an afterthought, but I needed something to make the board symmetrical - so I made them out of fondant. Finally, I made the sign out of gumpaste mixed with fondant. After I rolled it out & cut it, I piped the message in white icing, then used red sugar sprinkles to make it look a little like neon. He loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment