This is a collection of cakes I have made over the years. I have progressed over time, I hope, and am getting braver in my undertakings. As you can tell, I have done a variety of cakes the last 10 years, and I am up for just about anything. So if you need a cake for any occasion, please let me know.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lightning McQueen Cake



When I was asked to do a Lightning McQueen cake, I wasn't sure I could do a 3D version of him justice, so I bought the Wilton character cake pan. Knowing it would never be big enough, I came up with the idea to put him "in the winner's circle". So I made a 2-layer 14" round, which I iced & sprayed blue. Then I put the car - which I had made with very little batter so he wouldn't be too tall - on top & piped on his details. For the road (track) along the sides I used fondant I had colored black (which is no easy task). I piped lane lines in white, then used the left over colors from the car to pipe the edges & confetti on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment