This is a collection of cakes I have made over the years. I have progressed over time, I hope, and am getting braver in my undertakings. As you can tell, I have done a variety of cakes the last 10 years, and I am up for just about anything. So if you need a cake for any occasion, please let me know.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Church Cake




This was my first attempt at a 3D building. It was definitely not my finest moment, but I learned a lot from it. I got excited about making all the little details - the windows, doors, cross, steps, bushes, & sign. But the hardest part was the roof. I kind of left it until last, trying to figure out the easiest & best way to create it. I went with cereal treats, but I probably wouldn't do that again - it was a nightmare! I also had a little trouble with the banner - it kept ripping & falling down! But I did love getting to use fondant on the whole cake - and using my new image press to get the wood look.

No comments:

Post a Comment