This is a collection of cakes I have made over the years. I have progressed over time, I hope, and am getting braver in my undertakings. As you can tell, I have done a variety of cakes the last 10 years, and I am up for just about anything. So if you need a cake for any occasion, please let me know.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Olivia's Auburn Cake



My daughter, Olivia, is a huge Auburn fan (mostly due to me, of course). So she requested an Auburn-themed birthday party. At first I was going to do one large megaphone out of cake, but decided it probably wouldn't have been enough cake. I also thought it would be better not to have the entire cake covered in orange & blue icing - more likely to stain the teeth. ;0) I made the megaphone out of an ice cream sugar cone covered in fondant, and the pom-pons are just a small ball of fondant covered in blue & orange fondant strips. I cut the AU out of fondant as well, layered them, and placed them on the cake. Finally, I piped the edges with blue & orange icing. She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment